http://www.investigationstoronto.com is managed by Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services which regulates Ontario's private security industry.
This incorporates permitting all security guards, private investigations and organizations, and enrolling businesses that specifically utilize in-house security staff.
Their aim is to guarantee security guards and private investigators in Ontario complete their work professionally, viably, securely and legally.
According to Community Safety & Correctional Services here are their current industry statistics as of January 3, 2017:
• 68,636 authorized security guards
• 2,222 authorized private investigators
• 2,134 double (or dual) licensees
• 733 authorized business substances and
• 495 enrolled employers in Ontario.